Singapore, a vibrant city-state in Southeast Asia, is renowned for its dynamic economy, excellent infrastructure, and high quality of life. It’s no wonder that professionals from around the world are drawn to Singapore for career opportunities. To facilitate the entry of foreign professionals into the country, Singapore has introduced the Singapore ONE Pass, a streamlined work pass that simplifies the process of working in this bustling metropolis.
Understanding Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass (ONE Pass)
The Singapore Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass (ONE Pass) is a work pass designed for top-tier foreign professionals, entrepreneurs, and executives who wish to work and live in Singapore. It merges the advantages of the Employment Pass, S Pass, and Personalised Employment Pass into one comprehensive work pass system, making it easier for eligible individuals to work in Singapore.
The duration of the pass is as follows:
- First-time candidates: 5 years
- Subsequent renewals: 5 years
To be eligible for the Singapore ONE Pass, applicants must meet certain criteria:
You may apply if you meet at least one of the criteria below:
- Will earn a fixed monthly salary of at least S$30,000 under an established company that is based in Singapore.
The fixed monthly salary of at least S$30,000 should come from one employer. Other sources of income may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Note: Existing pass holders need to have worked in Singapore for at least 1 year.
Qualifying based on outstanding achievements. You can submit an application even if you do not meet the salary requirements, provided you have demonstrated exceptional achievements in at least one of the following domains:
- Arts and Culture
- Academia and research
You will need to submit the following documents:
- Payslips from the latest month
- Documents supporting other income sources other than fixed monthly fixed salary (if
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) highlighting key achievements
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) highlighting key achievements
Candidates applying under the academia and research track should also include:
- A CV, which lists significant publications, patents and technology disclosures achieved in the past 5 years.
Singapore ONE Pass Application Process
The application process for the Singapore One Pass is efficient and user-friendly:
- Online Application: Employers or authorised third parties can submit applications online through the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) website. The online system expedites the process and reduces paperwork.
- Document Submission: Applicants need to provide necessary documents, including passport details, educational certificates, employment contract, salary slip and proof of relevant work experience etc.
- Government charges:
Application Fee: $105 for each pass
Work Pass Approval Issuance Fee: $225 for each pass
$30 for each Multiple Journey Visa (if applicable)
- Processing Time: The processing time for a Singapore ONE Pass application typically takes around 3 to 8 weeks. It’s advisable to apply well in advance to ensure a smooth transition.
- Approval and Issuance: Upon approval, the pass will be issued and sent to the employer. The pass holder can commence work immediately after receiving the pass.
How to obtain passes for my family members?
Holders of the Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass are eligible to apply for passes, allowing their family members to join them in Singapore.
|Spouse (legally married)
|Dependant’s Pass Spouses with Dependant’s Passes can apply for a Letter of Consent (LOC) to work in Singapore.
|Common-law spouse (A common-law relationship between 2 people that is recognised under the laws of their country or region)
|Long-Term Visit Pass Common-law spouses on LTVP need to obtain a valid work pass to work in Singapore.
Children and Parents
|Children – unmarried and under 21 years old, including those legally adopted
|Handicapped children – unmarried and aged 21 and above Stepchildren – unmarried and under 21 years old Parents of the Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass holder
|Long-Term Visit Pass
Note: MOM suggests applying for your family’s passes after your pass has been approved. While you have the option to apply for your family’s passes concurrently with the Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass, keep in mind that if your pass application is rejected, you may forfeit the application fees for each family pass.
Benefits of Singapore ONE Pass
1. Flexibility: The Singapore ONE Pass allows pass holders to concurrently start, operate, and work for multiple companies at any one time (subject to your employment contract terms, where relevant) and switch jobs without the need to reapply for a new pass, provided the new employment meets the eligibility criteria.
2. Dependant Privileges: Pass holders can apply for Dependant Passes for their legally married spouse and unmarried children under 21 years old, allowing their family to live together in Singapore.
3. Spousal Employment for ONE Pass Holders: Spouses with Dependant’s Passes can apply for a Letter of Consent (LOC) to work in Singapore.
4. Permanent Residency Eligibility: Holding a Singapore ONE Pass can enhance an individual’s eligibility for Permanent Residency (PR) status in the future, especially if they have resided and worked in Singapore for an extended period.
The Singapore ONE Pass simplifies the process of working in one of Asia’s most dynamic economies. Its streamlined application process and attractive benefits make it an appealing choice for foreign professionals seeking exciting career opportunities in Singapore. By providing a clear pathway for skilled individuals to contribute to Singapore’s thriving economy, the ONE Pass continues to play a pivotal role in shaping the nation’s diverse workforce and fostering international talent exchange.